GAMES & GAMING
1) What was the first video game you ever played?
Tecmo Super Bowl. Game was so broken but so much fun to play haha.
2) What are some of your favorites games, past & present?
Phantasy Star IV is my favorite RPG of all time. I’ve probably beaten it about a dozen times, despite it being so old. In my mind it literally set the bar for every RPG after it. It had a great story, great characters, a complex battle system with combo attacks and macros, plus the ability to have your chars “talk” to each other to remind you where to go in the story.
Nerd-love of PSIV aside the Tales series comes next. I’ve played just about every iteration and is probably my favorite RPG (living) franchise of all time (sorry SE).
3) What is your preferred platform, PC or console?
I love both equally. Primarily i’m on PC because of FF, but I use my PS3/PS4 pretty regularly too when I need some downtime from FF.
4) Do your friends or family or co-workers know you like MMO’s?
Oh yes, all of the above do. In fact some of my co-workers and I are designing a chat interface (a la Vent, Mumble, TS) for gamers so we’re trying to get our company into the industry. www.wrekt.me (shameless plug…..)
5) What, in your opinion, makes a great video game?
Storyline and characters, hands down. Doesn’t matter to me how flashy the graphics are or how sophisticated the battle system is, if the storyline is bad and/or the characters are bland there is just no reason for me to keep going.
FINAL FANTASY XIV
1) What currently is your favorite job/class in the game?
2) Do you have a favorite race, and if so, why?
I don’t really have a favorite race, thow my toon has only ever been Hyur. Nothing against the other races per say, I just like being human haha.
3) What single job/class, if any, would you like to see added?
Red Mage. I never got far enough in 11 to know how they played but I would love to see it more aligned with how they were in FF1 (basically a mediocre knight/blm/whm but with the supportey stuff of 11).
4) What, outside of the above, would you like to see in Eorzea?
Would love to see more cross-game events. The Lightning event was cool, as was the Dragon Age event. Feel like they can/should do more of those.
5) What do you like most about the game?
The world. It’s just so rich and vibrant. Doesn’t hurt the majority of the player base are really chill people too.
1) What is your impression of Chaos Theory so far?
Very cool! Everyone is very nice and accommodating. People are very vocal about doing stuff and asking for help which I love. Also like joining the group for the random fun stuff (weddings, screen shots, etc).
2) Whether or not you are a long-time MMORPG’er or a newbie, tell us what your ideal gaming community would provide, and do, for you.
Pretty much everything you guys have already done. I’ve been in a bunch of guilds that fell apart for one reason or another but ultimately it was due to lack of leadership and distribution of authority. The way you guys have things managed is amazing – and what’s best of all is players can take part in what they want a la carte so you never feel obligated or pressured to do anything you don’t want to.
ALL ABOUT ME
1) What, in your life so far, are you most proud of?
My career. It only recently took off in the last few years but I worked really hard to get where I am today and can’t wait to see what tomorrow holds.
2) What goals do you have for your future, either in-game or real life, or both?
Career aspirations aside I want to finish my book. The most cliche thing in the world to say but I have it about 1/3 written, the rest in note form, but after I went to graduate school and working full time I had to put it on the back burner. Then of course these little game distractions didn’t help either….
3) What is one challenge you’ve had to overcome recently?
The death of my father due to cancer. We had a very complex relationship but ultimately he was my role model and best friend so losing him was easily the toughest thing I’ve ever had to get through.
4) What is something about you that many people don’t know?
I’m told I’m a decent singer?
5) If you could visit any country or place in the world that you have not been to, where would it be, and why?
Japan. Cuz… I mean c’mon, it’s Japan.